Meet Anthony Celaya
Welcome. My name is Anthony Celaya and I’m the founding attorney at Celaya Law. I have been practicing exclusively in the wealth-planning field since the beginning of my legal career, having created hundreds of estate and elder law plans for a wide variety of clientele throughout the Bay Area where I was born and raised. I have been in the Napa Valley now with my wife and six children since 2004.
My mission is to protect my clients, their families, and their wealth from loss. As a member of Wealth Counsel, the nation’s leading consortium of tax and wealth professionals, I ensure that my clients’ plans are always up-to-date with the most recent tax changes and employ the most cutting-edge strategies for maximum protection.
I strive to listen carefully to my clients’ concerns and goals, particular when dealing with family dynamics. I understand that every family has unique challenges, and consider dealing with such differences one of my most valuable areas of expertise.
I have enjoyed spending part of my career in pro bono work, assisting the underprivileged and marginalized as they deal with a variety of legal challenges. This work has come mostly through referral. I am fluent in both English and Spanish.
Notably, I try and make myself as accessible as I can to my clients, something that I have found particularly unique among otherwise elusive attorneys. I have found that in wealth and estate planning, it is better to have an attorney for life rather than for a momentary case, and I run my practice accordingly.
Other unique aspects of my practice include:
- Free consultations with no time limits. I will spend as much time as I need to fully understand your concerns, values, and goals.
- Complete funding of your trust. I ensure that your assets get into your trust and stay there.
- An online storage vault that contains your estate planning documents where both you and your authorized health care professional can access timely information.
- A maintenance program that ensures your estate planning documents are always up-to-date, funded, and prepared for any emergencies.
- A Guarantee that the Medi-Cal or VA application I assist you with will be accepted.
In addition to the time spent in my practice, I spend the rest of it with my amazing wife and six active and delightful children.
- 1994 BA Spanish Translation, Cum Laude with Honors, Brigham Young University
- 1999 JD from the J. Reuben Clark Law School at Brigham Young University
- 2000 – present, Director/Professor, UC Berkeley Institute of Religion (Biblical Law)
- 2004, Licensed to practice in California
- 2009, Associate at Lincoln Law, admitted to the California Northern District Court
- 2004 –2013, Owner and founder of AmCan Law, American Canyon’s first and only law firm.
- 2013 – present, AmCan Law becomes Celaya Law.
- Wills & Trusts
- Powers of Attorney
- Asset Protection
- Wealth Preservation
- Gift & Estate Tax Minimization
- Probate/Trust Administration
- FLP/LLC Planning
- Business Entities & Succession
- Charitable Planning
- Veteran’s Benefits
- Elder Law/Medicaid Planning
- Values-based Planning
- Planning for Affluent Families
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Avid reader, both personally and to my children
- Soccer and basketball coach, Justin Siena High School, Blue Oak Middle School, and Napa City
Meet Meghan M. Avila
Meghan M. Avila is an Associate at Celaya Law. Meghan began her career as an Associate Attorney in the area of estate planning in Alameda County. Meghan has experience in planning and drafting estate plans as well as administering estates.
Prior to joining Celaya Law, Meghan worked as a Staff Attorney for Legal Aid of Sonoma County representing victims of domestic violence. As part of her responsibilities, Meghan acted as an advocate for her clients in various restraining order hearings as well as handling child custody and child support matters.
Meghan received her undergraduate degree from the University of San Francisco and her law degree from New College of California School of Law. While in law school, she externed with the San Francisco District Attorney’s Office.
Meghan is admitted to practice law in California and is a member of the Trusts & Estates section of the State Bar of California.
Meghan grew up in the Bay Area and has enjoyed living in Napa Valley with her husband for the past several years. Outside the office, Meghan enjoys traveling, baking, and practicing yoga.
Meet Gail Tustin
Gail Tustin assists our clients through the process of funding their assets and investments into new or existing trust accounts.
Gail started her career in the financial services industry in 1986 at Sutro & Co., a small boutique brokerage firm in San Francisco. She has since moved from the stock brokerage business to working directly with clients. Gail currently lives in Petaluma with her son who attends school in Sonoma County and, because of his love of music and dancing, their home is always filled with some “groovy” beats. Her daughter and son-in-law also live in the bay area with their two adorable children. Nothing is more enjoyable to her than spending time with her children and grandchildren.
Customer Service is an important aspect of her role at Celaya Law, something she has perfected alongside her 30+ years of financial experience.
Meet Elizabeth Celaya
Elizabeth has been working with Anthony at Celaya Law since 2012. When she is not at work, she is busy wrangling their six children.
Elizabeth has a professional degree in motherhood but also a BA from Brigham Young University where she studied English and editing. Her meticulousness ensures the documents we create at Celaya Law are precise.
She has been working as a paralegal for the past five years while also studying for the California Bar Exam in the hopes of someday joining the team as an associate.
Her two favorite things in the world are the ocean and Anthony.